Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer complete for company B But Do not Want to Join

Hi,
    I have below query can you please help me with this as this is very urgent:-
    I am working for Company A and i have got offer from company B. Company B processed my H1B transfer in premium and i have got approval. Now, i do not want to join company B. I want to stick with my current company A. My Company A is processing my H1B extension as my visa and I94 is getting expired in next month.

Do i need to join company B compulsory as my H1Btransfer got completed ? Can i stay with my current company A ?
    Do i need to give H1Transfer document from company B to company A for H1B extension ? If i don't give any transfer document from company B then will be any problem on my extension with company A ?

One of my friend told me that if my h1b transfer got completed then my status will change and i cant work with my current company any more. And if i don't join company B then i have to leave the country in 45 days. is it true ?
    My other friend told me that i have to give transferred petition details to my current company for h1b extension. is it true?

Please help me.

Originally posted by cvishe View Post
    Hi,
    I am working for Company A and i have got offer from company B. Company B processed my H1B transfer in premium and i have got approval. Now, i do not want to join company B. I want to stick with my current company A. My Company A is processing my H1B extension as my visa and I94 is getting expired in next month.

Do i need to join company B compulsory as my H1Btransfer got completed ? Can i stay with my current company A ?
    Do i need to give H1Transfer document from company B to company A for H1B extension ? If i don't give any transfer document from company B then will be any problem on my extension with company A ?

One of my friend told me that if my h1b transfer got completed then my status will change and i cant work with my current company any more. And if i don't join company B then i have to leave the country in 45 days. is it true ?
    My other friend told me that i have to give transferred petition details to my current company for h1b extension. is it true?

Please help me.
    Your friend is not exactly right, your status hasnt changed , it would have changed had you moved from L1 to H1 . What has happened is the company B's petition has been approved, so basically you have a choice whether to join or not join. Only thing you may have to take care is if you have signed some obligation with B in case you dont join them.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by cvishe View Post
      Hi,

Please help me.
      Company A will file a petition to revoke your H1B after you have left Company A and joined Company B.
      Company B will file a petition to revoke your H1B (the one which just got approved) after you mention them that you are not going to join their company.
      Each H1 is company specific and that company will make sure they inform the USCIS about your employment with them (if you are with them or not).

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X