Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel on two H1B Visa if they give approval for new one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel on two H1B Visa if they give approval for new one.

I'm not sure, whether this is the right forum to ask this questions.

I have valid H1B VISA till 30th Sept 2014 and as I know during this time I can travel without an issue. Recently I got my petition approved from 1 oct 2014 and I'm planning to travel to India for my vacation during July 2014 and come back to USA in the same month. And also planning to go for VISA stamping in July 2014 when I'm there in India.

My question is If get new VISA will it be valid from 1 oct 2014?

What will happen to current VISA which is Valid till 30 Sept 2014?

If they give me VISA then on what basis they will give I94 if come to USA in July month? will they give on New VISA expiry or the current one ?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Originally posted by vikesh.9 View Post
    I'm not sure, whether this is the right forum to ask this questions.

I have valid H1B VISA till 30th Sept 2014 and as I know during this time I can travel without an issue. Recently I got my petition approved from 1 oct 2014 and I'm planning to travel to India for my vacation during July 2014 and come back to USA in the same month. And also planning to go for VISA stamping in July 2014 when I'm there in India.

My question is If get new VISA will it be valid from 1 oct 2014?

What will happen to current VISA which is Valid till 30 Sept 2014?

If they give me VISA then on what basis they will give I94 if come to USA in July month? will they give on New VISA expiry or the current one ?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    From when is the new H1 I797 valid? If the new I797 is valid from 01-Oct-2014 then the new visa would also be valid from 01-Oct-2014 only and your existing H1 may get cancelled, as a result you would be stuck in India from July till Oct.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      From when is the new H1 I797 valid? If the new I797 is valid from 01-Oct-2014 then the new visa would also be valid from 01-Oct-2014 only and your existing H1 may get cancelled, as a result you would be stuck in India from July till Oct.

First of all many thanks for your reply.

Yes my new H1 I797 valid from 1 Oct 2014. will they cancel the current valid valid visa if i go before for stamping before it expires?

I have applied my petition/I94 extension as a premium and it got approved in last month. I got the petition extension for three more years but that is valid from 1 Oct 2014. What I do in this position.

Comment

The issue is that the consulate cannot grant you a visa with a starting date before the petition start date and they cannot keep existing visa valid in passport while stamping a new future dated visa. Would say you time the new visa stamping towards Sept End to avoid any issue.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X