Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 form H1b

Hi,

I came to US in MAY 2012 on L2 visa, status Changed to H4 in OCT 2012, status Changed to H1 in OCT 2013.

Worked on L2 from JUL 2012 to OCT 2012 and now working on H1 from OCT 2013 onwards.

Question on DS160

1)
    In Travel Information 1)Purpose of Trip to the U.S(H or L or any class of visa) 2) Specify(primary or dependant , h1 or h4) 3) Application Receipt/Petition Number (I797A number)

Should I only give my H1B information in above question? or I should give information about L2 and H4 as well?

2)
    Were you previously employed?

Should I mention my working experience on L2 from JUL 2012 to OCT 2012 ? OR it is better not to mention to keep it simple?

Please suggest

Originally posted by smartquestion1 View Post
    Hi,

I came to US in MAY 2012 on L2 visa, status Changed to H4 in OCT 2012, status Changed to H1 in OCT 2013.

Worked on L2 from JUL 2012 to OCT 2012 and now working on H1 from OCT 2013 onwards.

Question on DS160

1)
    In Travel Information 1)Purpose of Trip to the U.S(H or L or any class of visa) 2) Specify(primary or dependant , h1 or h4) 3) Application Receipt/Petition Number (I797A number)

Should I only give my H1B information in above question? or I should give information about L2 and H4 as well?

2)
    Were you previously employed?

Should I mention my working experience on L2 from JUL 2012 to OCT 2012 ? OR it is better not to mention to keep it simple?

Please suggest
    I am assuming you would want to get H1 stamping and enter US and work from day one after entering on H1.

1. Purpose of trip would be employment. H1 visa, Primary, I797 Number.
    2. You should not hide past employment especially if it was in US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for quick reply.

Yes I will go for h1 stamping and will work on h1b from day one , I enter in US.

My status changed from from L2 to H4 and from H4 to H1, and now DS 160 form does not reflect any of these status changes. So I will carry all other status change approaval notices and L2 EAD card, just incase additional documents asked, does my approach sounds good ? please suggest.

Comment

Yes sounds fine. As long as you have been maintaining valid L2 and H4 statuses they wont come up for discussion, the primary focus will be H1 employer and genuineness of the same. Carry latest paystubs, client letters etc.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X