Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer the H1 visa

Hi All

I was on L1 visa which got expired in Starting of this year. As of now I am having valid I-94 up to next year and working on L1 as of now. My H1 Visa petition has got selected in the lottery this year working from Oct 2014 through one consultancy,

My question is that if I am getting any full time job from any employer in between upto 1 Oct, 2014, Can I transfer the visa to that employer without working with the current consultancy who filed by h1 petition.

Do I need to work with consultancy first before switching to any full time employer?

Thanks
    GA

Originally posted by gupashis View Post
    Hi All

I was on L1 visa which got expired in Starting of this year. As of now I am having valid I-94 up to next year and working on L1 as of now. My H1 Visa petition has got selected in the lottery this year working from Oct 2014 through one consultancy,

My question is that if I am getting any full time job from any employer in between upto 1 Oct, 2014, Can I transfer the visa to that employer without working with the current consultancy who filed by h1 petition.

Do I need to work with consultancy first before switching to any full time employer?

Thanks
    GA
    Yes it is possible. https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-transfer-faq/

You would need the approved petition from the consultancy in order to try for a transfer to a full time employer. Make sure you get that, and further do ensure that the transfer to the full time employer is filed in premium so that you get the decision before 01-Oct-2014.

On 01-Oct-2014 if you dont join the full time employer on their approved petition or the consultancy on their approved petition, then you would go out of status.

Any employment with L1 employer after 01-Oct-2014 is illegal unless you negate the COS.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X