Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Application I-485 Query

Hi,
    I am on H1 and my wife is applying for a H4 visa from India. Previously in 2006 I applied for GC which was refused because of my sponsor errors. At that time I filled for I-140 and I-485.

In the Ds-160 form, it is asking that "Has anyone ever filled an immigrant petition on ur behalf
    With the United States citizenship and immigration services"

So should the answer be "YES" or "NO". Please guide.

I checked with one attorney and he told us that answer should be NO because GC was filled on my previously H1 sponsor and not the current H1 sponsor.

Please help me to fill out the form correctly and I would appreciate for your help.

Thank you and best regards
    Vamsi

Originally posted by Vamsi89 View Post
    Hi,
    I am on H1 and my wife is applying for a H4 visa from India. Previously in 2006 I applied for GC which was refused because of my sponsor errors. At that time I filled for I-140 and I-485.

In the Ds-160 form, it is asking that "Has anyone ever filled an immigrant petition on ur behalf
    With the United States citizenship and immigration services"

So should the answer be "YES" or "NO". Please guide.

I checked with one attorney and he told us that answer should be NO because GC was filled on my previously H1 sponsor and not the current H1 sponsor.

Please help me to fill out the form correctly and I would appreciate for your help.

Thank you and best regards
    Vamsi
    You have to answer YES. It doesn't matter for which employer or even if it was family based.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X