Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• approval notice required?

Hi all,

Employer A has filed H1b petition for me and it got approval. I got more attractive offer with employer B and they wants to file for cap exemption since I have not gone for stamping.
    Question? I just have the receipt notice with receipt number but not the approval notice.

Does the employer b really require the approval notice? Or just the receipt notice will do?

Thanks,
    Narin

Originally posted by narin.chelladurai View Post
    Hi all,

Employer A has filed H1b petition for me and it got approval. I got more attractive offer with employer B and they wants to file for cap exemption since I have not gone for stamping.
    Question? I just have the receipt notice with receipt number but not the approval notice.

Does the employer b really require the approval notice? Or just the receipt notice will do?

Thanks,
    Narin
    Technically Receipt Number is enough if you are sure it belongs to you. But some employers insist on seeing the approval notice.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

approval notice required?

Thanks Raghvi.

What are the ways to get a copy of the approval notice?

Comment

Only the employer can give it to you. There is something called FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) through which one cna request it but I havent seen anyone have success through that.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X