h1 6yr question.....urgent!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 6yr question.....urgent!!

I was on l1b till may13 completing 5yr in usa, and then went to home country. Back in usa on h4 visa in oct13. My employer filed h1 for me in apr14. I was told that I will get only 1yr if its get approved, but it got approved for 3yr (i94 with the approval notice).....now im confused, am I good to stay on h1 for 3yr?? What would happen if emp transfer happen down the line??

Originally posted by sam12345 View Post
    I was on l1b till may13 completing 5yr in usa, and then went to home country. Back in usa on h4 visa in oct13. My employer filed h1 for me in apr14. I was told that I will get only 1yr if its get approved, but it got approved for 3yr (i94 with the approval notice).....now im confused, am I good to stay on h1 for 3yr?? What would happen if emp transfer happen down the line??
    Have you got your GC filed yet?

As you were not out of US for an entire year, its not possible to stay beyond 6 th Year even if you got the visa and I-94. Its your responsibility to follow the law. The question will surely come up if not now then in subsequent extensions/GC stage so better not to take advantage of this oversight.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X