State Dept. Suspends TCN Visa Processing in Canada for Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Dept. Suspends TCN Visa Processing in Canada for Summer

The Department of State announced on June 3, 2014 that due to increasingly heavy demand by Canada-based visa applicants, the seven U.S. visa processing posts in Canada are extremely limited in their ability to accept third country national (TCN) cases during the peak demand period of June, July, and August.

Canadian posts encourage such TCN applicants to seek appointments elsewhere in the world, such as in the applicant's home country. Canadian posts offer increased appointment availability for TCNs during non-peak processing times, such as October and November, and January through May.

Emergency cases may seek consideration for scheduling an interview at a Canada post by visiting canada.usembassy.gov.

Thank you for keepung us upto date.
    Today when I checked for the available appointments for L1b the next available date is in minimum 100 days. And I don't have visa/i94 to stay further in US beyond 85 days. Do you think I should still go ahead & pay the fees of $380 for myself & dependant and try for the date if it is available in next 85 days? Or I should simply do not consider that option.

Comment

Cant say for sure. If you can stay additional days in Canada, you can take the chance.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X