Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I work before H1B transfer approval

Hi,

I am on H1B visa and working for company A. I got offer from company B which is going to file h1-b visa transfer in premium. I have been told that I can start working for the company B immediately after receiving the receipt number before even the h1-b transfer approval comes from USCIS. Is that true?

How many days it might take to get final decision response from USCIS for the h1b transfer under premium processing.

I really appreciate all your valuable response and inputs for my query.

Thanks,
    Santosh

Originally posted by santosh.m View Post
    Hi,

I am on H1B visa and working for company A. I got offer from company B which is going to file h1-b visa transfer in premium. I have been told that I can start working for the company B immediately after receiving the receipt number before even the h1-b transfer approval comes from USCIS. Is that true?

How many days it might take to get final decision response from USCIS for the h1b transfer under premium processing.

I really appreciate all your valuable response and inputs for my query.

Thanks,
    Santosh
    Yes technically you can but there are pitfalls. Read around in this forum about folks who transferred, and started working on receipt , and then later on the transfer was rejected leaving them out of status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X