Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel for Dependents into US while H1 extension is in progress

Folks , I need some help.
    I am in the US on H1 , but my wife is not here with me. She doesnt even have a visa stamped yet. My visa is expiring in September and my company is starting the extension process for me. My question here is , can my spouse travel into the united states on an H4 visa, before Sept'14 while my application for extension is pending with USCIS ? My company says we can go in for her extension when she is here.

Originally posted by extension_queries View Post
    Folks , I need some help.
    I am in the US on H1 , but my wife is not here with me. She doesnt even have a visa stamped yet. My visa is expiring in September and my company is starting the extension process for me. My question here is , can my spouse travel into the united states on an H4 visa, before Sept'14 while my application for extension is pending with USCIS ? My company says we can go in for her extension when she is here.
    Yes she would need to attend H4 visa interview to get H4 visa stamped in passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes she would need to attend H4 visa interview to get H4 visa stamped in passport.

Yes, that she would anyway be getting done next week. But she will travel only after a month due to some issues at her workplace in India not allowing an early release. By that time my H1 extension process would be well under way. So my query is, will she face an issue at immigration ?If there is a risk I dont want her to face that.

Comment

As long as she travels with an approved and valid H1 petition for you at the time of her entry to US it would be fine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X