Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension or Amendment possible for H1B Cap Exempt visa holders

Hi,

My H1B was filed by my earlier employer and now I moved to a new employer and traveled to USA with a Cap Exempt H1B (still I have 2 years remaining). I would like to move to consulting positions in USA, is there any restrictions that H1B Cap Exempt visa holders not permitted to go for extension or amendment (to transfer my H1B to a new employer / consulting company).

Thanks
    Sara.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,

My H1B was filed by my earlier employer and now I moved to a new employer and traveled to USA with a Cap Exempt H1B (still I have 2 years remaining). I would like to move to consulting positions in USA, is there any restrictions that H1B Cap Exempt visa holders not permitted to go for extension or amendment (to transfer my H1B to a new employer / consulting company).

Thanks
    Sara.
    What kind of CAP EXEMPT you are talking about?Do you work for any educational institution?

Comment

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
      What kind of CAP EXEMPT you are talking about?Do you work for any educational institution?
      Thanks for the response.

I am working as a software professional, In my first travel to USA I had used my H1B for 2.5 years and and went back to India, my H1B visa extension got expired on 2010 then I had joined in a new software services company and they renewed (CAP-Exempt) my expired H1B on 2013 (expired with in 3 yrs so i am eligible) traveled back to USA and been here for almost 8 months.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Thanks for the response.

I am working as a software professional, In my first travel to USA I had used my H1B for 2.5 years and and went back to India, my H1B visa extension got expired on 2010 then I had joined in a new software services company and they renewed (CAP-Exempt) my expired H1B on 2013 (expired with in 3 yrs so i am eligible) traveled back to USA and been here for almost 8 months.
        No restriction

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X