Need direction on H1 extension & H4 intiation at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need direction on H1 extension & H4 intiation at the same time

I am in a fix now and need some direction.

I am getting married by end of August 2014. My H1B is valid until end of November 2014. I have applied for my extension now.

Is there a problem if I travel out of US after applying for extension? Also I want to process my wife's H4 after marriage. I will have my marriage certifcate and supporting documents within 2 weeks.

With all my documents ready by mid of september, valid H1B visa till 26 november 2014 and H1B extension applied, How long should I have to wait to apply for wife's H4?

Your responses are much appreciated.

Originally posted by mankuar View Post
    I am in a fix now and need some direction.

I am getting married by end of August 2014. My H1B is valid until end of November 2014. I have applied for my extension now.

Is there a problem if I travel out of US after applying for extension? Also I want to process my wife's H4 after marriage. I will have my marriage certifcate and supporting documents within 2 weeks.

With all my documents ready by mid of september, valid H1B visa till 26 november 2014 and H1B extension applied, How long should I have to wait to apply for wife's H4?

Your responses are much appreciated.
    Why not upgrade to premium and get the decision on your H1 extension within next 2-4 Weeks and relieve yourself of all the anxiety.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Why not upgrade to premium and get the decision on your H1 extension within next 2-4 Weeks and relieve yourself of all the anxiety.

Thanks for your response Raghvi.

My employer is not willing to go for a premium filing as I have validity for another 5 months.

Is it possible for file to file my wife's H4 with my current H1B (valid until 26th Nov 2014) while my H1B extension is in progress? Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

If you file on current H1 petition she would get H4 only till Nov 2014. I dont see much of an issue there too except the trouble of a need for extension filing again in Nov 2014 and a future stamping again depending upon travel plans.

To avoid this, either file H1 extension in premium or await the extension approval to apply for H4.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X