Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Approved but got back the passport w/o stamping...Advise needed !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Approved but got back the passport w/o stamping...Advise needed !

Hi all,

I attended my H1B visa interview at Chennai last week and the VO told me clearly that my visa has been approved and i can collect the passport back in three days.

Later at the visa application center, I got a note along with my passport ( w/o stamping ) stating that I need to submit my passport after July 1st 2014.

1. Why do they have to return my passport w/o stamping and ask me submit it back. Had anyone been through such situation ??
    2. They have asked me to fill in a CGI form and Im not able to find that anywhere. Kindly advise.

Please help me out
    Thanks
    Ish

Originally posted by ishu_27 View Post
    Hi all,

I attended my H1B visa interview at Chennai last week and the VO told me clearly that my visa has been approved and i can collect the passport back in three days.

Later at the visa application center, I got a note along with my passport ( w/o stamping ) stating that I need to submit my passport after July 1st 2014.

1. Why do they have to return my passport w/o stamping and ask me submit it back. Had anyone been through such situation ??
    2. They have asked me to fill in a CGI form and Im not able to find that anywhere. Kindly advise.

Please help me out
    Thanks
    Ish
    Was your H1 approved this year? If it is part of this year's cap , then you should have attended interview only after July 3rd (90 days before Oct-1-2014).

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply
      you are right. i must have attended the interview only after july 3rd but i never knew this earlier.

Now they have asked to get my passport post july 1st.
      The VO told me that my visa has been approved.

Not sure if I still have a chance.

Whats your opinion ?

Comment

There is no reason to suggest that you dont have a chance. Post July 3rd take the email and do a walk in to the consulate.

Comment

Hi

Mine is also same case. I attended my fresh h1b visa interview last friday(ie June 20th – Hyderabad) the lady who interviewed me said that “ur visa is approved and wll get my passport with in 2 days” kept my passport with her. But yesterday I received my passport(with out stamping) with a white 221g slip mentioned in handwriting as “Re-submit your passport on/or after July 1,2014 as an H1b visa may not be issued 90 days prior to petition start date” . My employer didn’t tell me about this change. . Planing to resubmit my passport on july1st. No need to worry. Our visa decision was already taken, they are just asking to resubmit the passport thru drop box. Thanks

Comment

Hi all,

Please help me out
            Thanks
            Ish
            CGI form info url:

Comment

Hi, Thanks a lot for your views / experience.
              Lets hope for the best !
              I will update you the status once I receive any info from VFS after submitting my passport on 1st July.

In normal cases, we get back the passport in 3-4 days.
              But would this be a scenario with a similar time gap or we'd have to wait for months like any other 221 (g ) cases where the applicant is requested for additional documents ?

Your views pls .

Thanks again ppl for sharing your views.

Comment

Lets hope for the best !
                I will update you the status once I receive any info from VFS after submitting my passport on 1st July.

But would this be a scenario with a similar time gap or we'd have to wait for months like any other 221 (g ) cases where the applicant is requested for additional documents ?

Your views pls .

I dont think they will ask for other documents to submit. In my case during interview VO asked me for all the documents (I797,I129, LCA, Employer and Client docs) and asked me to wait for some time. After 30 mins my name was announced and went to the same VO. She handed over all the documents keeping my passport with her and said your visa is approved. So I think they will not go for verification again. Lets think in a positive way. Anyway all the best. I will update u my status once i receive my PP back.

ur views plz..

Thanks,
                Rajesh

Comment

Need help for Proceeding next step of 221G –White Receipt from Mumbai counsulate

Originally posted by rajesh_chv View Post
                  I dont think they will ask for other documents to submit. In my case during interview VO asked me for all the documents (I797,I129, LCA, Employer and Client docs) and asked me to wait for some time. After 30 mins my name was announced and went to the same VO. She handed over all the documents keeping my passport with her and said your visa is approved. So I think they will not go for verification again. Lets think in a positive way. Anyway all the best. I will update u my status once i receive my PP back.

ur views plz..

Thanks,
                  Rajesh
                  Hi

I also recived 221g white paper

Background:

I have applied
                  for H4 VISA for me and my son , (My husband went to USA in February 14 on
                  B1 visa and He has done Change of Status .From B1 to H1 he has vaid his
                  I797A,LCA and he is working there from last 4 months)

"221g white
                  recipt on applying H4 VISA"

My H4 Visa
                  interview was on June 17th 2014

Case number
                  –AA004519OI

case
                  number-AA00451HN6

VO has given me
                  221g White receipt ,-In 221 g recipt Under section Other ,VO has written
                  "Husband has H1bVisa OR in US and has change of status "

VO said
                  their record is not showing that my husband is USA and on
                  H1 VISA .She said that My husband should contact to one of USICS
                  office for showing his COS OR H1 B stamped

My husband
                  reached out Charlotte USCIS ,But it didn’t help

Can you Please
                  suggest us next step …how to deal with this situation

Awaiting for response

Thank you!!!

Comment

Lets hope for the best !

Your views pls .

Hi,

Just submitted my passport. Hope this time will get passport with stamping. Will update u once i receive the PP.

Thanks,
                    Rajesh Reddy

Comment

Hopefully you will get ur passport without hassles,
                      So it means for this year (2014) we can schedule the visa appointment anytime after 1st July,2014 (after completing all the required steps: lottery(2014), visa approval, petiotion),

Regards,
                      Vikas
                      Regards,
                      VP

Comment

Hi,

Just checked the status, Updated status changed to today's date but stil shows Admin Processing..

Raghvi please provide ur comments..

Thanks,
                        Rajesh

Comment

Hi,

Status changed to "Issued"

So it means Visa Issued?

Thanks,
                          Rajesh Reddy

Comment

Most probably. Congrats!!!!