extension of stay in the us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extension of stay in the us

I came in the US under H1B visa and now according to my I-94 its expiring specifically in 6 days time so I was planning to apply H4 visa but my agent told me that I shouldn't apply for h4 not until july 25 because Im still entitled to look for another sponsor in 1 month time after my contract has been expired and she assure me that she can find me a sponsor before july 25. Can I still stay in the US legally for one month till I find another sponsor even if my I-94 EXPIRES OR DO I NEED TO FILE FOR h4...Your opinion will be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by LANCING View Post
    I came in the US under H1B visa and now according to my I-94 its expiring specifically in 6 days time so I was planning to apply H4 visa but my agent told me that I shouldn't apply for h4 not until july 25 because Im still entitled to look for another sponsor in 1 month time after my contract has been expired and she assure me that she can find me a sponsor before july 25. Can I still stay in the US legally for one month till I find another sponsor even if my I-94 EXPIRES OR DO I NEED TO FILE FOR h4...Your opinion will be greatly appreciated
    What do you mean by "Agent"?? Do understand you dont have any grace period, if you are not getting paid by your employer who filed your H1 , you would go out of status. If you are not getting paid, file a transfer to H4 and also file a complaint against your "agent" .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X