Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa Renewal.

Hi,

I have applied for h1 visa in Apr'2007 and got the visa done in Feb'2008 and i traveled to US in May'2008. But because of some personal reasons i had to come back in Feb'2009. But my employer has cancelled my visa without any notice and i remained in India since them.
    Now i am again planning to US for work.
    Is there any possibility that i can renew my old H1 visa or do i need to go with a fresh filing.
    I heard through the forums that we can renew the old H1 irrespective of regular cap. If that can be done, Please let me know how i can go ahead.

Thanks in Advance.
    Vinluv.

Originally posted by vinluv View Post
    Hi,

I have applied for h1 visa in Apr'2007 and got the visa done in Feb'2008 and i traveled to US in May'2008. But because of some personal reasons i had to come back in Feb'2009. But my employer has cancelled my visa without any notice and i remained in India since them.
    Now i am again planning to US for work.
    Is there any possibility that i can renew my old H1 visa or do i need to go with a fresh filing.
    I heard through the forums that we can renew the old H1 irrespective of regular cap. If that can be done, Please let me know how i can go ahead.

Thanks in Advance.
    Vinluv.
    Assuming your last valid H1 paystub was processed in Feb 2009, you have time till Feb 2015 to try to renew the H1. Any employer can file a cap exempt H1 petition using the form I129 and if approved USCIS will give a I797. Using the I797 you have to schedule an appointment by filling the online DS-160 and attend H1 interview with a US consulate in your country of residence. Upon approval you can use the H1 to travel.

You would need to provide your original approval notice to the new employer to help them initiate the H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X