Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for H1B with an unused F1

Hey guys,

I'm in a real fix I got my F1 stamped last month mid and my H1B petition which was processed by employer was picked up in the lottry late last month. Since then, I'm in a confusion between going for studies or H1B. I'm more inclined towards H1B and planning to wait for rest of the processing. Will there be any issue while attending the H1B interview in the consulate regarding the unused F1. Can I tell the VO that I found H1B is better for me as I will be getting real time experience and is better for my profile?

Seriously, I'm not sure what should I answer if the VO asks why I did not utilise my F1? Some suggestions from you people will be of great help!

--Thx
    Blaze

Originally posted by fblaze View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm in a real fix I got my F1 stamped last month mid and my H1B petition which was processed by employer was picked up in the lottry late last month. Since then, I'm in a confusion between going for studies or H1B. I'm more inclined towards H1B and planning to wait for rest of the processing. Will there be any issue while attending the H1B interview in the consulate regarding the unused F1. Can I tell the VO that I found H1B is better for me as I will be getting real time experience and is better for my profile?

Seriously, I'm not sure what should I answer if the VO asks why I did not utilise my F1? Some suggestions from you people will be of great help!

--Thx
    Blaze
    Only you can decide regarding your career.

Yes you can say that H1 provides experience for you. But your F1 would most likely be cancelled when you attend H1 interview.

Take that risk only if the employer is genuine and you do see a definite career path. Because if once cancelled, it will be difficult to get F1 back. H1 petition, once approved, can be used later on too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi Blaze,

Exact same situation for me, so what do you think we should do
      Last edited by Vikas1985; 07-01-2014, 07:30 AM.
      Regards,
      VP

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply raghvi! It helps!

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Only you can decide regarding your career.

Yes you can say that H1 provides experience for you. But your F1 would most likely be cancelled when you attend H1 interview.

Take that risk only if the employer is genuine and you do see a definite career path. Because if once cancelled, it will be difficult to get F1 back. H1 petition, once approved, can be used later on too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X