H1B stamping after transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping after transfer

I used to work for Company A with a visa that was stamped in Nov 2012 and valid till Sep 2015. Now I work for Company B with a visa valid till Apr 2017. I wish to visit India and was wondering if it is required of me to get a stamping done again on the new H1-B. I paid the required fees ($190) and filled out the DS-160 form but the ustraveldocs website only tells me to drop off the documents and does not let me schedule an in-person interview.

Please help.

Originally posted by shewit View Post
    I used to work for Company A with a visa that was stamped in Nov 2012 and valid till Sep 2015. Now I work for Company B with a visa valid till Apr 2017. I wish to visit India and was wondering if it is required of me to get a stamping done again on the new H1-B. I paid the required fees ($190) and filled out the DS-160 form but the ustraveldocs website only tells me to drop off the documents and does not let me schedule an in-person interview.

Please help.
    You technically dont need to go for stamping. At the same time if you wish to you should be able to schedule and attend interview. Since you changed employer you are not eligible for visa interview waiver.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X