Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Administrative Processing

Hi all,

I have completed my MS in non CS/IT field in US in 2003 and now working for a Non-IT company as a Engineer.

I have attended the interview and recieved a 221(g) reason for non-issuance of visa at this time. The strange thing is that the visa officer(VO), after the interview, said that my visa is approved but cannot be issued at present, because my case has to undergo some additional administrative processing within the United States.

Given below is how my interview went:

VO: Good afternoon

Me: Good afternoon

VO: What will be ur position at US company?

Me: I state my job position and US company name.

VO: What is ur educational background?

Me: I told about my MS and BTech degrees.

VO: Show me your degree certificates?

Me: I showed my MS and BTech certificates.

VO: When did you get your degree in US?

Me: 2003

VO: What work will you do at ur US company
    Me: Blah...blah

VO: (After a min of silence) Your visa is approved, but cannot issue at present because your case has to undergo some additional administrative processing. This is basic administrative processing because you were on F1 visa earlier in US. I am now cancelling your F1 visa status. You wil know the result of this processing in a couple of weeks. I will retain the DD for visa issuance fee.

Me: Is there anyway I can call a helpline about the status of my H1 visa, if I do not get a reply in couple of weeks.

VO: No, but you can visit our website and see if it is possible.

Me: Thank you.

My interview went on for about 5 minutes. The VO asked me to show only the degree certificates and no other documents were asked, not even the offer letter from US employer. The VO retained all the following documents

Passport
    DS-156 form
    DS-157 form
    Original I-797
    I-129 and supporting documents sent by US employer
    LCA certifiation application set.
    DD for visa issuance fee

Please let me if anyone has encountered a case like this and as to what may be the probable result.

Thanks and regards,
    Vasanta

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X