Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Transfer before one travel from current employer

Hi All,
    I am currently working in India and my H1B visa for FY2014 is approved, and i am legally able to travel from October 2014 to US. But my current employer(sponsor) does not have any plans or projects for me for my travel. I also have a B1 visa. Now, if i want to transfer to a new sponsor/company, after October 1, is it mandatory to show that i had made atleast one trip to US through my current employer (sponsor)?

Originally posted by 033.gaurav View Post
    Hi All,
    I am currently working in India and my H1B visa for FY2014 is approved, and i am legally able to travel from October 2014 to US. But my current employer(sponsor) does not have any plans or projects for me for my travel. I also have a B1 visa. Now, if i want to transfer to a new sponsor/company, after October 1, is it mandatory to show that i had made atleast one trip to US through my current employer (sponsor)?
    Do you already have a valid H1 visa stamped in your passport? If not then you still arent allowed to travel to US.

Technically any other employer can file a Cap exempt petition for you and once that petition is approved, you can use that to get stamping done and travel. You would have to give the next employer a copy of your approved H1 petition in order for them to file a cap exempt petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X