Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b to H1b Conversion

Hi,

I am currently on L1b visa and will apply for H1b visa for next year April 2015. I will have to travel to india for 20 days in 1 March 2015 and will return on 18 march 2015.
    My question is that will this tarvel will affect my H1b visa process??

Regards
    Suhail

Originally posted by suhaanan View Post
    Hi,

I am currently on L1b visa and will apply for H1b visa for next year April 2015. I will have to travel to india for 20 days in 1 March 2015 and will return on 18 march 2015.
    My question is that will this tarvel will affect my H1b visa process??

Regards
    Suhail
    Well it will depend upon the I-94 you get upon return in March 2015, and how long have you already spent on L1B status in US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Well it will depend upon the I-94 you get upon return in March 2015, and how long have you already spent on L1B status in US.

My L1b visa is valid till may 2016.

Comment

It seems upon your return, you most likely will get I-94 till at least May 2016.
        As you know L1+H1 at max can be for 6 Years, so if you have time remaining, and your H1 petition gets approved than you would move to H1 from 01-OCt-2015 without issues.

The only thing to take care is that upon your return on 18-Mar-2015, you should immediately send over your latest I-94 to the attorneys before they apply your H1 on 01-April-2015.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X