H1b Stamping issue. Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Stamping issue. Please Help

I got my "Part-time" H1 (20-30hrs a Week) in June 2005 and I've been working in a manufacturing company since 2nd June 2005. I worked for 25 hrs a week till July and 30hrs a

week from August till date that is october 20th and will be 30hrs for the rest the time as long as i have this job. I planned to go to Canada on 27th October for Visa Stamping. On

26th I found that my LCA states it was for "Full-time" (not "Part-time"). So now my LCA contradicts my I-129 which are two major documents for the Visa Stamping. When I talked

to my attorney she said it was a mistake. She then looked into the labor documents and said even 30hrs per week is treated as Full-time according to Department of Labor so

she amended the I-129 and gave me the new one which does not show anything for the column Job type (Parttime/Fulltime). I could not venture to attend the consulate since I

have the following questions.
    1. Can we change the I-129 overnight? Don't you think my attorney changed my status from Part-time to Full-time in a couple of hours? Is it possible?
    2. If the Consulate people ask me why my Paystubs show 25hrs/Week or 30 hrs/Week being in a full time what should I answer?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X