Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 visa interview. Green card question.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H4 visa interview. Green card question.

    My wife is going to India and she needs to go for her H4 visa interview. My employer has initiated my green card process. My I-140 has been approved.
    My question is, if the interviewer asks her if I have applied for green card, what should she say? I guess she has to be honest and say yes. But can this lead to denial of visa?

  • #2
    Originally posted by happygolucky View Post
    My wife is going to India and she needs to go for her H4 visa interview. My employer has initiated my green card process. My I-140 has been approved.
    My question is, if the interviewer asks her if I have applied for green card, what should she say? I guess she has to be honest and say yes. But can this lead to denial of visa?
    Have you filed it for your spouse too? Also, havent you declared already in the DS-160?

    This is my opinion not legal advice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Have you filed it for your spouse too? Also, havent you declared already in the DS-160?

      This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Yes, I have filed green card for her too. I have not yet filled DS-160, so I am unaware of that.
      My question is, if the VO comes to know that green card process is underway, will they reject the H4 visa extension based on that?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by happygolucky View Post
        Yes, I have filed green card for her too. I have not yet filled DS-160, so I am unaware of that.
        My question is, if the VO comes to know that green card process is underway, will they reject the H4 visa extension based on that?
        You have to declare in the DS-160 so the VO would obviously know about it. It should not negatively impact the H4 decision. H1 is dual intent visa so indirectly H4 is dual intent too.

        This is my opinion not legal advice.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          You have to declare in the DS-160 so the VO would obviously know about it. It should not negatively impact the H4 decision. H1 is dual intent visa so indirectly H4 is dual intent too.

          This is my opinion not legal advice.
          Thanks a lot!

          Comment

          Working...
          X