Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 H1B's

Hi,

Right now.i have 2 H1b is in process( 1 from my company(MNC) and other through the consulting company in US),out of which my current comany's H1b is approved and procedding is in process.Other is yet to be approved.
    I prefer to travel through the consulting company.

My Ques is
    -----------
    1)How abt the chance of getting the other approved,is there anything related to passport number.
    2)If the above condn is approved then how abt the chance of stamping provided i have go my stamping from my curren employer,as none of the proces is in my control from my current employer.

Please help me i am vey much confused.Veena please hlp.

1. its nothing related to passport number. you can get 'n' number of H1s from different employers.
    2. if u go for H1 stamping, visa officer will cancel all previously issued visas with 'cancelled without prejudice' stamp on them and issues current visa.

Comment

Thanks Idlebrain,
      I have 1 quick question o you,whether they will cancel my current H1 (issued recently) irrespective of issuing the new on,or they will cancl only if they are about to issue the new one(in that case i can make of use of current).

And,wont they screw me for taking 2 h1b's for the same year as i have grabbed (wasted) one in the quota

Comment

I think it makes sense and feel that stamping would be much easier if you go for the stamping of the present MNC co. for which you are working. The hassle with H1B stamping for s/w consulting compnies are that if you don't have the details of the client you are going to be working for, the stamping will not go through, and most of the consulting companies do not give this detail. And the visa officer will not buy if you say you are going to working in-house in a s/w consulting co. If your present co. is a good one, then maybe you should travel on their visa and probably get a transfer done later in the US.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks veena...

I am also thinking about that.But pleas lt me know like how about the chance of gtting the visa for consuling company(If i have my h1 thru my comapny already),Th existing visa will be cancelld irrespective of issueing new one..or they will cancel my current h1b and then think about issueing my new one.

Please advice

Comment

Hi,
            You can have multiple H1bs....but only one of it should be full time and the rest part time. In that case, the previous stamping will not get cancelled. Otherwise it is left to the discretion of the visa officer........your guess is as good as mine.
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

If I understand you right, you have 2 H1 processes going on and no VISA stamp as of now in your passport right?

If that's the case, there is nothing the VO will cancel. Its only true for people, who already have a Visa stamped in their passport. Then its cancelled and a new one issued. Right now you just have "2 petitions" both could be approved, but you can only get the visa stamped for one of them.

A personal advice, as Veena said, come thru the MNC company. Its less hassle and also they will take care of you. If the consulting co. is small, not only the hassle is more, after you come here they **may** or maynot take care of you well (bench pay, insurance) .....unless you know them well

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X