Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer/ revoke query

Dear all,

I am holding a H1B visa sponsored by my current employer with a validity till 2016. I have not traveled to US yet and have resigned my current employer for another job in India. Please answer my queries below:

1. Can my current employer revoke the H1B visa I am holding after I switch my job in India? What could be the problems I would face if the H1B is revoked? Does my current employer have a time limit before which the visa should be revoked?

2. In case my current employer is planning to revoke my H1B visa, Is there a way I can protect it? How can I approach my new employer in India to transfer the Visa to avoid the visa cancellation/ revokal?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thank you,

Regards,
    Hari.

Originally posted by dummrocks View Post
    Dear all,

I am holding a H1B visa sponsored by my current employer with a validity till 2016. I have not traveled to US yet and have resigned my current employer for another job in India. Please answer my queries below:

1. Can my current employer revoke the H1B visa I am holding after I switch my job in India? What could be the problems I would face if the H1B is revoked? Does my current employer have a time limit before which the visa should be revoked?

2. In case my current employer is planning to revoke my H1B visa, Is there a way I can protect it? How can I approach my new employer in India to transfer the Visa to avoid the visa cancellation/ revokal?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thank you,

Regards,
    Hari.
    1. Can my current employer revoke the H1B visa I am holding after I switch my job in India? What could be the problems I would face if the H1B is revoked? Does my current employer have a time limit before which the visa should be revoked?-Your company can revoke it is no way going to affect you.Just have a xerox copy of our petition.

2. In case my current employer is planning to revoke my H1B visa, Is there a way I can protect it? How can I approach my new employer in India to transfer the Visa to avoid the visa cancellation/ revokal?-You cannot do anything & neither your new company.With copy of your old company petition your new company can file for transfer of H1B.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Sneha.

Could you also please let me know how to get my Visa transferred to my new employer without any hassles. Any precautions to be taken?

Comment

Originally posted by dummrocks View Post
        Thanks for the reply Sneha.

Could you also please let me know how to get my Visa transferred to my new employer without any hassles. Any precautions to be taken?
        Catch hold of a employer who can file a new petition if the visa is still valid you can use the same visa

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X