Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to client side in US on H1, Query about Port of Entry

Hi,
    I work for a company A development center in India, The Company headquarter is in Michigan, They processed my H1 last year. The LCA states that i will be working on a Company product at there head office in Michigan.
    Now i have to travel to a client location which is in Atlanta. The Company says i will just need a Client Invitation letter along with the Project Details and old LCA will work at port of entry.
    I am really confused as have read many cases on different forums where a H1 holder was sent back since the Port of Entry was not same as that mentioned in LCA.
    Please advice me if i can travel with the same LCA or do i need to ask company to file a new LCA.

Thanks.

Originally posted by abhijeet.kumar View Post
    Hi,
    I work for a company A development center in India, The Company headquarter is in Michigan, They processed my H1 last year. The LCA states that i will be working on a Company product at there head office in Michigan.
    Now i have to travel to a client location which is in Atlanta. The Company says i will just need a Client Invitation letter along with the Project Details and old LCA will work at port of entry.
    I am really confused as have read many cases on different forums where a H1 holder was sent back since the Port of Entry was not same as that mentioned in LCA.
    Please advice me if i can travel with the same LCA or do i need to ask company to file a new LCA.

Thanks.
    What the company attorney mentioned is valid, but with recent increased scrutiny its advisable to file an H1 amendment too. But that can be done after reaching US too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi raghvi,
      my problem still remains, So do i travel and take chance, but what if they do ask for LCA, i do not want to face a scenario where i am deported because of this. Like you sais the amendment can be filed once in US. But will the officers at Port of entry agree to this.
      Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X