Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prev. Emp. Visa an Issue?

hello,

situation: I changed jobs 6 months back because of layoff in compnay A. Now with company B. Wife and I had valid visa stamps till May 2005 with compnay A.

I did get my approval with company B from Jan - jul 2005 and my 7th year extn from jul 2005 - jul 2006.

my wife is going for her h4 interview with both approval notices (2005 and 2005-2006). Is this an issue? I did see another post in **** **.com that H4 was rejected, cos visa in passport was from a different company.

please advice.

Hi,
    Not an issue if you present good documents from the present employer. Its more like a new fresh H1B, the right approach should help you clinch it.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks for replying Veena. Have sent the last 6 months payslips, do hv the offer letter and employment continuation letter and all W2 and 1040s.

But, when filling I539, I put my first name as my wife's last name, rather than her maiden name is passport. She does hv my name entered into her passport, but keeping her fingers crossed. she's going next week, from South india to New delhi. Will post the experiences when its done........

Comment

With my wife interview just a day away, I am getting cold feet. Her approval notice has "her name" and MY first name as last name. Her passport is still in her maiden name. My mistake, her filled it out like that when I applied for her exntension.....

IS THIS an issue? Can she just give my I797 during the interview, unless asked for her approval notice?

i know nothing can be done now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but someone........pleaseeeeee help.....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X