Current client can hold salary after H1B transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current client can hold salary after H1B transfer

Currently, I am working with E1 employer and Client is C1 and now I transfered my H1B visa to E2 employer which has been approved and new employer E2 expecting me to join immeidiately.
    But Client C1 not allowing me to leave before 2 weeks otherwise they will hold my salary for 15 days or expecting compensation from my new employer.

If I leave current employer or client immidiately can they hold my Salary.
    If they try to do it then what can I do?

Please help me in it, its very urgent.

Originally posted by Arvinder Singh Bhatia View Post
    Currently, I am working with E1 employer and Client is C1 and now I transfered my H1B visa to E2 employer which has been approved and new employer E2 expecting me to join immeidiately.
    But Client C1 not allowing me to leave before 2 weeks otherwise they will hold my salary for 15 days or expecting compensation from my new employer.

If I leave current employer or client immidiately can they hold my Salary.
    If they try to do it then what can I do?

Please help me in it, its very urgent.
    It is a matter between Employer E1 and Client C1. Even if C1 holds the payment to E1 for your services, E1 must pay you as long as you adhere to your employment obligation to E1.

This is the exact reason USCIS and the Consulate insist on client letters and employer-client relationship proof. So that in your own interest, its the employer who is ultimately responsible for your pay and performance.

You are supposed to be paid by E1, and are answerable to only E1. If E1 doesnt pay you you can complain to DOL after all your I797 lists only employer E1, and not C1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X