Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer - issue in partial pay stubs

Dear Sir,

I came to US few months back on H1B visa. In the middle, due to my close relative's death, i went to India for couple of months and came back last month. When i was in India, my pay stubs were not generated.

I have pay stub's only for two months. ie, for the month of April and partial salary given for the month of July.

Now, I wish to transfer my H1B now from Company A to Company B. Will there be any issues ? As, i should provide pay stub's for last few months.

Please advise how should i proceed. Your advise might be of great help.

Thanks and Regards.

Originally posted by Ice Breaker View Post
    Dear Sir,

I came to US few months back on H1B visa. In the middle, due to my close relative's death, i went to India for couple of months and came back last month. When i was in India, my pay stubs were not generated.

I have pay stub's only for two months. ie, for the month of April and partial salary given for the month of July.

Now, I wish to transfer my H1B now from Company A to Company B. Will there be any issues ? As, i should provide pay stub's for last few months.

Please advise how should i proceed. Your advise might be of great help.

Thanks and Regards.
    You need valid pay stubs for only time spent in US on H1 status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You need valid pay stubs for only time spent in US on H1 status.

Thanks Raghvi. My issue is, when i left to India, i asked my employer not to provide my salary for that month. As my agreement with my employer is, I should pay back them the salary money that i get from them during bench period, after getting assigned to a project. During last month, i am being paid partially since i was still not on project. I understand that, the employer should pay me when i am in US. But, want to know, if only one month of partial pay stub is fine to transfer my visa.

Comment

Whether on bench or not, the employer must pay you. With partial pay stubs chances of RFE are high.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X