• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raghvi
    replied
    Originally posted by Venkat Nagaraja View Post
    Hi,
    Let me give context before posting a question.

I am on L1 and my wife is on L2 and recently we got our visa extensions approved. My wife employer filed H1 for her and she got H1B visa petition approved.
    My wife is planning to visit home country to meet her parents and as her visa got expired few months back and got L2 extended she needs to get Visa stamped before entering US.
    My question is as she has L2 till September 30th and she will be on H1B from October 1st , is it fine for her to travel home country and get L2 Stamped and enter US in September and in near future we can get H1 stamped when we plan to travel out of US?

Appreciate your suggestions!!!! Thanks
    It is generally not advisable to mix travel with Extension/Change requests.

When she is travelling so close to the Oct 1st time why she cant go for H1 stamping itself and return on H1 visa?

In my opinion, if she travels back on her newly stamped L2 visa, her employer would need to file for a L2 to H1 COS again in order for her to move to H1 visa from 01-Oct-2014.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Leave a comment:

• Venkat Nagaraja
    started a topic Query on L2 + H1 Visa

Query on L2 + H1 Visa

Hi,
    Let me give context before posting a question.

I am on L1 and my wife is on L2 and recently we got our visa extensions approved. My wife employer filed H1 for her and she got H1B visa petition approved.
    My wife is planning to visit home country to meet her parents and as her visa got expired few months back and got L2 extended she needs to get Visa stamped before entering US.
    My question is as she has L2 till September 30th and she will be on H1B from October 1st , is it fine for her to travel home country and get L2 Stamped and enter US in September and in near future we can get H1 stamped when we plan to travel out of US?

Appreciate your suggestions!!!! Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X