H1 transfer from non profit to profit organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer from non profit to profit organization

Hi, I came US (Jan 2013) on H1B through an Indian IT company (Profit organization). My visa was valid till Dec 2014. In Jan 2014 I did a job switch and transferred my H1 to a non profit organization and it extended my visa to Jan 2018. Now I'm planning for an another job switch.
    Is it true that I can't transfer my H1B from a non profit to profit organization even though my first petition was via a profitable organization?

Originally posted by dremr View Post
    Hi, I came US (Jan 2013) on H1B through an Indian IT company (Profit organization). My visa was valid till Dec 2014. In Jan 2014 I did a job switch and transferred my H1 to a non profit organization and it extended my visa to Jan 2018. Now I'm planning for an another job switch.
    Is it true that I can't transfer my H1B from a non profit to profit organization even though my first petition was via a profitable organization?
    Technically there is nothing called a "visa transfer" what the next employer can do is file a cap exempt h1 petition using the first H1 petition approval, and if their own petition approved you can work. But you can claim only 6 Years minus time already spent in H1 status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Got it, Thanks Raghvi!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X