Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on H1 B petition and Visa

Hi,

I got my petition approval for oct/2014 to Dec/2015. Because of some family conditions , I am not able travel now. Even My employer said no stamping now. I may be ready to go by after Sept/2015. but I am not sure about my project status.

1. If my visa is not stamped by this october, till what date can I go for stamping?
    2. If I want to renew the petition, when should I do it?
    3. If I am not renewing the petition by the date mentioned, will my H1 Cap become invalid.

Originally posted by ragsv View Post
    Hi,

I got my petition approval for oct/2014 to Dec/2015. Because of some family conditions , I am not able travel now. Even My employer said no stamping now. I may be ready to go by after Sept/2015. but I am not sure about my project status.

1. If my visa is not stamped by this october, till what date can I go for stamping?
    2. If I want to renew the petition, when should I do it?
    3. If I am not renewing the petition by the date mentioned, will my H1 Cap become invalid.
    1. Technically the current petition is valid only till Sep 2015, but that does not mean you cannot go for visa stamping after that. What it means is that after Sept 2015, you would have to get a new petition. Also, you would be cap exempt for 6 Years from Oct 2014, that is till 2020.
    2. Its your employers , current or future one's, decision not yours, first find an employer who is willing to sponsor your H1 job and petition.
    3. As I said you technically are cap exempt till 2020, any employer can file a cap exempt petition for you till then.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X