Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 COS

Hi,
    I received my H1 (H4 to H1 COS) on 17th June 2014 and the start date is 9th June2014. My employer has not run my paystub till nowas i am still looking for a client project and employer says i am still under 60 day grace period. My question is:
    1. When would the 60 day grace period end, 17thAugust or 9th August?
    2. What will be my status after the grace period ends and my employer doesnt run my payroll?

Thanks,
    Neha

Originally posted by neha2508 View Post
    Hi,
    I received my H1 (H4 to H1 COS) on 17th June 2014 and the start date is 9th June2014. My employer has not run my paystub till nowas i am still looking for a client project and employer says i am still under 60 day grace period. My question is:
    1. When would the 60 day grace period end, 17thAugust or 9th August?
    2. What will be my status after the grace period ends and my employer doesnt run my payroll?

Thanks,
    Neha

There is no such grace period. If your employer is so confident ask him the relevant clause and read on the internet for yourself. Your employer is legally bound to pay you, whether they have been able to find work for you or not is their problem. You can complain to the DOL about this malpractice.

Remember, without payroll you go out of status, and once out of status you would not be able to move back to H4 too without leaving US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X