Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Visa stamping Rejected - can I re appear for interview

Hi All,

I work for a well reputed world wide consulting firm in Australia and my employer has filed for my H1 in oct 2013. I got my H1 approved after an RFE in Dec 2013. My current Australia visa has expired and the renewal is in process. So I could not go for my visa stamping in Australia. My client wants me to travel asap so I appeared for my H1 visa interview in chennai consulate as I hold Indian passport. My visa got rejected. VO has asked me the reason for coming from Australia to chennai for the interview. I told him that I am visiting my parents here and would like to take this opportunity to attend for my visa interview as well. He asked me several other questions and I gave him proper answers. But he repeated his question about why did I come for Australia to chennai for visa interview and I gave him the same answer. After few more general questions he said that he can not give me visa at the moment. Glad that he did not put any stamps on my passport.
    I hold an MBA degree from Australia.
    As I have a valid I797, can I re appear for the interview in Australia? Please let me know the options i am left with. Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Originally posted by rrmad View Post
    Hi All,

I work for a well reputed world wide consulting firm in Australia and my employer has filed for my H1 in oct 2013. I got my H1 approved after an RFE in Dec 2013. My current Australia visa has expired and the renewal is in process. So I could not go for my visa stamping in Australia. My client wants me to travel asap so I appeared for my H1 visa interview in chennai consulate as I hold Indian passport. My visa got rejected. VO has asked me the reason for coming from Australia to chennai for the interview. I told him that I am visiting my parents here and would like to take this opportunity to attend for my visa interview as well. He asked me several other questions and I gave him proper answers. But he repeated his question about why did I come for Australia to chennai for visa interview and I gave him the same answer. After few more general questions he said that he can not give me visa at the moment. Glad that he did not put any stamps on my passport.
    I hold an MBA degree from Australia.
    As I have a valid I797, can I re appear for the interview in Australia? Please let me know the options i am left with. Any suggestions is much appreciated.
    Hi,

Did he gave any Query form after the interview?

Thanks,
    Rajesh

Comment

Originally posted by rajesh_chv View Post
      Hi,

Did he gave any Query form after the interview?

Thanks,
      Rajesh
      No he did not give any thing. during the interview he has asked me few documents i797, passport, degree certificate, pay slips. He returned all the documents at the end of interview. There was no rejection stamp in my passport . How can I know the reason for rejection and if I can re appear?

Comment

Did the petition mention Australia US consulate for visa processing? Also, as you have done Master's in Australia, maybe thats why the officer wanted you to get the interview done in Australia itself.

Sometimes the answer is hidden in the Q&A that you have with the officer, a small thing as "internal project", "don't know", etc. can raise doubts in them.

I would suggest you re try in Australia.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Did the petition mention Australia US consulate for visa processing? Also, as you have done Master's in Australia, maybe thats why the officer wanted you to get the interview done in Australia itself.

Sometimes the answer is hidden in the Q&A that you have with the officer, a small thing as "internal project", "don't know", etc. can raise doubts in them.

I would suggest you re try in Australia.

Thanks for giving you thoughts raghvi.
          VO did not give me any slip nor any stamp in my passport and this gives me some positive hope that I can re appear for an interview again Australia.
          do you know if VO is supposed to give some slip in case of visa rejection without any further verification?
          Would it be of any help if I send an email to chennai consulate to advise me on next steps as the outcome is not clear?

Comment

I doubt that would be of much help.

They normally don't give a slip.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X