Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension process underway

Hi,

I apologize in advance if I am posting something that has been flogged to death. My situation is as follows

1. My I-94 expires on 14th Aug 2014.

2. My attorney has sent me an email saying extension has been filed ( on 1st Aug 2014)

3. However, I do not have the case number (the one that begins with EAC/WAC) with me and the attorney's office has mentioned that it may take 2 weeks.

In my case that means I would hopefully get a case number by 15th Aug 2014 (optimistically speaking).

I am worried if I would be overstaying on my visa due to this. In fact, I am considering taking the next flight out to India to avoid any blackballing by USCIS, one can't be too careful when it comes to matters like these.

I understand that a lot of people get their queries answered here. I hope you will do the same for me. Thank you.

Originally posted by iPilgrim View Post
    Hi,

I apologize in advance if I am posting something that has been flogged to death. My situation is as follows

1. My I-94 expires on 14th Aug 2014.

2. My attorney has sent me an email saying extension has been filed ( on 1st Aug 2014)

3. However, I do not have the case number (the one that begins with EAC/WAC) with me and the attorney's office has mentioned that it may take 2 weeks.

In my case that means I would hopefully get a case number by 15th Aug 2014 (optimistically speaking).

I am worried if I would be overstaying on my visa due to this. In fact, I am considering taking the next flight out to India to avoid any blackballing by USCIS, one can't be too careful when it comes to matters like these.

I understand that a lot of people get their queries answered here. I hope you will do the same for me. Thank you.
    I would suggest you wait for the attorney to get the receipt number before jumping to conclusions and traveling thousands of miles outside US in panic mode.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X