US Citizenship query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizenship query

I have read at many places that I need to reside in US for 5 years to apply for citizenship. Now, if I spend 4 years of undergraduate at colleges and then stay on for graduate school,can I apply for citizenship straight away? As in that case scenario I would have resided there for 6 years. Or do I have to actually work for 5 years to get a citizenship? Also how difficult is it to become a US citizen?

Originally posted by Ramyak Singh View Post
    I have read at many places that I need to reside in US for 5 years to apply for citizenship. Now, if I spend 4 years of undergraduate at colleges and then stay on for graduate school,can I apply for citizenship straight away? As in that case scenario I would have resided there for 6 years. Or do I have to actually work for 5 years to get a citizenship? Also how difficult is it to become a US citizen?
    5 Years after getting your green card.

Whats the basis of you getting a Green Card, would it be Employment based or Family Based?

Green Card can take from 1 Year to 15+ Years based upon your country of birth, family members in US, employment basis etc.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X