Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving to India (H1B expires need to extend stay-Change Status from H1B to B1/B2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to India (H1B expires need to extend stay-Change Status from H1B to B1/B2)

I'm in the process of moving back to India. My current H1B (I-94)expires on 09/10/2014, But I would like to extend my stay by two weeks - until 09/25, to wrap up activities in the US. Below are the questions, I need your help. Would greatly appreciate suggestion or some information on the same.

1. Can I apply for the Change of Status from H1B to B1/B2 for 2 weeks

2. Since, I'm moving back. Can I stay in the country past my visa to wrap up

- Thanks

Originally posted by iceman859 View Post
    I'm in the process of moving back to India. My current H1B (I-94)expires on 09/10/2014, But I would like to extend my stay by two weeks - until 09/25, to wrap up activities in the US. Below are the questions, I need your help. Would greatly appreciate suggestion or some information on the same.

1. Can I apply for the Change of Status from H1B to B1/B2 for 2 weeks

2. Since, I'm moving back. Can I stay in the country past my visa to wrap up

- Thanks
    1. Technically you can but practically it can take up to 3-4 Months hence would not suggest going for that.
    2. No, wrapping up isn't a valid reason to overstay your I-94. Advisable to wrap up before I-94 expiry, and leave.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X