Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa extension

Hi,

My h4 is about to expire on 30 sep 2014 that is 45 days from now and i am in india planning to travel to US before 30 sep.

My husbands petition has been extended to further 3 years. My question is can i apply for extension in US and how much time will it take.

If i apply from US and in the meabwhile my visa expires do i have to leave US.

Alternatively i can apply in india and give again the interview. What will be the right time to do so?

Originally posted by Neha hegde View Post
    Hi,

My h4 is about to expire on 30 sep 2014 that is 45 days from now and i am in india planning to travel to US before 30 sep.

My husbands petition has been extended to further 3 years. My question is can i apply for extension in US and how much time will it take.

If i apply from US and in the meabwhile my visa expires do i have to leave US.

Alternatively i can apply in india and give again the interview. What will be the right time to do so?
    Yes you can apply for extension in US it can take 2-4 Months.

You can stay until 240 days or USCIS takes a decision.

Yes you can apply for fresh H4 visa. Assuming your husband's petition was expiring on 30-Sep-2014, and newer one is valid from 01-Oct-2014 till 2017, then you can attend the interview around Sep End, and if approved, travel after 01-OCt-2014 with new visa. Has your husband sent you the latest approved petition?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X