Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Re-stamping via drop-box and approved extension valid for 4 months

Hi Team,

currently I am in USA and planning to visit India in the month of Oct'2014 to Nov'2014.

My first petition approved for 1year and it got expired on Dec'2013. In that period I applied for extension and now I have approved extension till Mar'2015.
    So, if I am visiting to India in the period of Oct'2014 to Nov'2014 I have to go for Re-stamping.

I read all the steps mentioned in http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp
    After going through steps I found that I am eligible for 'Drop-box' IWP because "my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months".

However I am worried about my approved extension date. My approved extension will expire on 5th Mar 2015 and I am attending drop-box in Oct'2014 end. So here, I am attending stamping where my visa validity remains for only 4 months. In stamping rules its mentioned that passport should valid for 6 months but no clarifications/eligibility criteria for approved petition validity.

can anyone suggest if 4 months validity will create any problem for my stamping?

Originally posted by rahulramraje View Post
    Hi Team,

currently I am in USA and planning to visit India in the month of Oct'2014 to Nov'2014. My first petition approved for 1year and it got expired on Dec'2013. In that period I applied for extension and now I have approved extension till Mar'2015. So, if I am visiting to India in the period of Oct'2014 to Nov'2014 I have to go for Re-stamping.

I read all the steps mentioned in http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp After going through steps I found that I am eligible for 'Drop-box' IWP because "my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months". However I am worried about my approved extension date. My approved extension will expire on 5th Mar 2015 and I am attending drop-box in Oct'2014 end. So here, I am attending stamping where my visa validity remains for only 4 months. In stamping rules its mentioned that passport should valid for 6 months but no clarifications/eligibility criteria for approved petition validity.

can anyone suggest if 4 months validity will create any problem for my stamping?

Hello rahulramraje,

Did you find out anything more? Did you use the dropbox service? Pl. share your experience. This dropbox service is news to me.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X