h4 visa for new born while father has already travelled with H1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 visa for new born while father has already travelled with H1 visa

Hi, my husband is in U.S now with H1 visa. I hav got H4 stamping on my passport. We got baby last month.i am planning to join my husband with my baby. My passport doesnt hav my husband's name as spouse .my husband doesnt hav mine. Now to apply passport for our child,do i hav to get my husband name added to my passport?if that is the case will it affect my H4 stamping?
    Last edited by zoya; 08-18-2014, 02:47 PM.

Originally posted by zoya View Post
    Hi, my husband is in U.S now with H1 visa. I hav got H4 stamping on my passport. We got baby last month.i am planning to join my husband with my baby. My passport doesnt hav my husband's name as spouse .my husband doesnt hav mine. Now to apply passport for our child,do i hav to get my husband name added to my passport?if that is the case will it affect my H4 stamping?
    You need to get your spouse's name included in your passport before requesting for your child's passport. You would get anew passport, your H4 in old passport would still be valid though, you would have to travel with both the passports, old and new.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X