Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to H1B and a job change!

Hi,

I'm currently working with a company from March 2013 on L2 Visa. They sponsored H1B for me on 2014 and my petition got approved. I can change my status on Oct 1st. But my spouse work got moved to a different state and I'm planing to move as well. Is there a possibility that I can move before Oct 1st and have my new company change my status or Can I move immediately after my status change or how many payslips will I need before I can jump (I get paid every 15 day) ? Please suggest!

Thanks,
    Jaxxantxx

Originally posted by Jaxxantxx View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently working with a company from March 2013 on L2 Visa. They sponsored H1B for me on 2014 and my petition got approved. I can change my status on Oct 1st. But my spouse work got moved to a different state and I'm planing to move as well. Is there a possibility that I can move before Oct 1st and have my new company change my status or Can I move immediately after my status change or how many payslips will I need before I can jump (I get paid every 15 day) ? Please suggest!

Thanks,
    Jaxxantxx
    If you have the H1 approval notice in hand, and another company does a premium process it may be possible before 01-Oct-2014. Remember, the new company's H1 has to be approved before 01-Oct-2014. If you cant get such an employer , advisable to work with current employer for 2-3 payroll and then try a transfer.

From 01-Oct-2014 you must get paid on H1 with current company, 2-3 Payslips should be good enough to initiate a transfer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X