Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b

Hi!!!
    im not sure if this is the right forum for these kinda questions but still wanted to give it a try!
    I got my h1b visa on jan 2012 and both my visa and i797 are about to expire this 30th september 2014. I travelled for 8 months during 2012-13 and right now iam in india.
    Extension is not yet applied.
    I need to know-
    1- before what maximum day i can apply for extension?
    2- is it possible to apply for extension after the expiry date of september also?
    3- is it possible to apply from india?
    4- is it possible to do H1b transfer from india after the expiry of visa and i797?

I know these questions should have been already asked but i wanted to clarify again!!
    Thanks in advance!!

Originally posted by nithiya santhiraraj View Post
    Hi!!!
    im not sure if this is the right forum for these kinda questions but still wanted to give it a try!
    I got my h1b visa on jan 2012 and both my visa and i797 are about to expire this 30th september 2014. I travelled for 8 months during 2012-13 and right now iam in india.
    Extension is not yet applied.
    I need to know-
    1- before what maximum day i can apply for extension?
    2- is it possible to apply for extension after the expiry date of september also?
    3- is it possible to apply from india?
    4- is it possible to do H1b transfer from india after the expiry of visa and i797?

I know these questions should have been already asked but i wanted to clarify again!!
    Thanks in advance!!
    1. Within 6 Years of last held H1 status. So if you were in valid H1 payroll on say Sep 2012, then 6 Years from that time, Sep 2018.
    2. Yes, one remains cap exempt for 6 Years from last held H1 status.
    3. You dont apply, your employer needs to do so. And they can do so irrespective where you are.
    4. Yes provided your employer is willing to do so.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X