Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa interview appointment - which I-797 applies here

Hi,

I came to US on H4 and then got my H1 approved and worked for an year on my H1 and then changed my status to H4.

I filed I-539 for change of status from H1 to H4 and it got approved. So I've my I-797 notice of approval for my H4

My spouse has I-797 notice of approval for H1

I'm planning to visit India and so trying to schedule an appointment for my H4 visa interview.

As you know, while scheduling an appointment on ustraveldocs, I need to answer the following questions:

Principle Applicant's Name: * : <<here i need to put my spouse name correct >>
    Principle Applicant's Visa Class: * : << here i need to put my spouse visa class i.e. H1 correct? >>

Petitioner's Name: * : << here i need to put my spouse's petitioner name correct? >>
    Start Date: * :
    Receipt Number: *
    Expiration Date: *

I'm trying to answer the above questions i.e. Petitioner's Name, Start Date, Receipt Number and Expiration Date. So Which petition applies to my H4 visa interview?
    is it my I-539 petition (H4 I-797 ) or is it my spouse's I-129 petition (H1-797)

Please help me on this.

Originally posted by NewBie_2000 View Post
    Hi,

I came to US on H4 and then got my H1 approved and worked for an year on my H1 and then changed my status to H4.

I filed I-539 for change of status from H1 to H4 and it got approved. So I've my I-797 notice of approval for my H4

My spouse has I-797 notice of approval for H1

I'm planning to visit India and so trying to schedule an appointment for my H4 visa interview.

As you know, while scheduling an appointment on ustraveldocs, I need to answer the following questions:

Principle Applicant's Name: * : <<here i need to put my spouse name correct >>
    Principle Applicant's Visa Class: * : << here i need to put my spouse visa class i.e. H1 correct? >>

Petitioner's Name: * : << here i need to put my spouse's petitioner name correct? >>
    Start Date: * :
    Receipt Number: *
    Expiration Date: *

I'm trying to answer the above questions i.e. Petitioner's Name, Start Date, Receipt Number and Expiration Date. So Which petition applies to my H4 visa interview?
    is it my I-539 petition (H4 I-797 ) or is it my spouse's I-129 petition (H1-797)

Please help me on this.

Can anyone please help me on this? Appreciate your time and inputs.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by NewBie_2000 View Post
      Can anyone please help me on this? Appreciate your time and inputs.

Thank you
      can anyone Please provide inputs on this. I'm coming close to my travel dates and need to schedule an appointment.

Comment

Spouse's I797 details.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Spouse's I797 details.

Thank you so much for your inputs.

What happens to my I-797? does it come into picture anytime during my H4 interview process?

I'm eligible for dropbox/iwp and i believe the officer at dropbox counter only accepts I-797 and passport no additional documents.
          So when they ask for I-797, shall I provide my spouse I-797?

Thank you once again for your inputs & time.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              Yes.

I got it now. Thank you so much.

Comment

h4 for my wife and kid

How to schedule a appointment or visa interview only for my wife and kid ?
                while i am trying to do it in my profile it is adding me also for the interview.
                But i already have a valid visa.Somebody please help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X