Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Urgent Help: H1B transfer gap question

Hi guys,

I am changing job from company A to company B and I am under the process of transferring my H1B visa now. My new company wants me to start no later than September 15th, however, I am not sure if they can get the receipt by then. If I give my current employer 2 weeks notice on Sep 1st and my last day would be Sep 12th. But what will happen if company B doesn't finish filling my H1B transfer petition by Sep 15th? Will that make me in trouble? Will my status be illegal between Sep 12th to the date they receive the receipt?

Please kindly advice. Thank you guys in advance.

AG

Originally posted by workintheusa View Post
    Hi guys,

I am changing job from company A to company B and I am under the process of transferring my H1B visa now. My new company wants me to start no later than September 15th, however, I am not sure if they can get the receipt by then. If I give my current employer 2 weeks notice on Sep 1st and my last day would be Sep 12th. But what will happen if company B doesn't finish filling my H1B transfer petition by Sep 15th? Will that make me in trouble? Will my status be illegal between Sep 12th to the date they receive the receipt?

Please kindly advice. Thank you guys in advance.

AG
    Advisable not to join merely on the receipt basis because if the transfer eventually gets rejected you would go out of status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X