Travel while H1b under Amendment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel while H1b under Amendment?

My current I797 says valid till 03/31/2017; my company was recently acquired by Company B, and Company B is going to file H1b amendment for me soon through regular processing instead of premium processing. The LCA part is already done and the application is to be submitted to USCIS in the next few days. My concern is that I had plans to travel to my home country China in November and would need a new visa stamp at a US embassy in China. Is it still OK to travel while H1b amendment petition is under processing? Thank you very much!!

Originally posted by davisa View Post
    My current I797 says valid till 03/31/2017; my company was recently acquired by Company B, and Company B is going to file H1b amendment for me soon through regular processing instead of premium processing. The LCA part is already done and the application is to be submitted to USCIS in the next few days. My concern is that I had plans to travel to my home country China in November and would need a new visa stamp at a US embassy in China. Is it still OK to travel while H1b amendment petition is under processing? Thank you very much!!
    Can anybody please help? Thanks!!

Comment

Let me know

Please let me know, what happened with your case, I mean did you face any difficulty while returning?

Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X