Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b no job SSN tax paying

Hi,

I am on H1b(started on Oct 5th) and have an SSN also. Unfortunately my employer is not able to find a job for me. How can I file tax after december if I am not getting a job by then.What can I show in the tax return ..what will be precedure?... any idea.???
    If I am changing my status back to H4 before dec 31st, do I have to still file the tax. Please advise me wisely,

thanks ,
    roopa

If you are on H1, your employer is supposed to pay you full salary whether you have project or not. Otherwise, you are illegal in the country.

Whether you are on H1 or H4, you still have to file taxes.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

But if the company doesn't pay on bench, and consultants do not have a job, then what are the options for the consultants?

Comment

Immigration law does not care about the consulting company policy.

If you look at the intent of the law, the company hiring is for its own use, not to sub-contract you somewhere. You are an employee of the company and you need to get paid salary no matter what.

Unfortunately, most of the H1B people get contracted as consultants through consulting company, there is no provision in law for bench.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

yeah thats true.

I know some guyz who pay their taxes inspite of not working, i.e. you pay tax money to show legally that you r earning, like wise you can file that tax.
          NOT A LEGAL ADVISER
          USE IT AT YOUR RISK

STRONGLY BELIVE US VISA IS A LOTTERY WON BY MANY .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X