Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer after going to India

Hello,

My query is regarding the H1B transfer after going to India. I will be traveling to India within 2 days since my assignment got ended. But in meantime i am getting some interview calls from some US companies. So if I am clearing the interview can they do H1B transfer while I am in India. Is there any complications?

Thanks!

Originally posted by H1B_773 View Post
    Hello,

My query is regarding the H1B transfer after going to India. I will be traveling to India within 2 days since my assignment got ended. But in meantime i am getting some interview calls from some US companies. So if I am clearing the interview can they do H1B transfer while I am in India. Is there any complications?

Thanks!
    When is your H1 visa stamp in the passport expiring?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When is your H1 visa stamp in the passport expiring?
      My visa will expire on Oct 2015

Comment

As long as company is genuine and offer of employment is genuine I dont see any complications. The biggest hurdle many face is that many employers are not willing to entertain some one who is currently not present in the US. At the same time as your visa is valid till Oct 2015, you need not go for fresh stamping till then so thats an advantageous situation.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          As long as company is genuine and offer of employment is genuine I dont see any complications. The biggest hurdle many face is that many employers are not willing to entertain some one who is currently not present in the US. At the same time as your visa is valid till Oct 2015, you need not go for fresh stamping till then so thats an advantageous situation.

Thanks Raghvi for your reply. So after going to India they can do H1B transfer right?

Comment

See there is nothing called as a "H1 transfer" what the next employer does is file their own H1 petition, only thing is the petition would be cap exempt as you were on valid H1 till Aug 2014. One the petition is approved you can re enter US on your old valid H1 visa, and the new petition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X