Delay in getting passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in getting passport

I had my visa interview at the Chennai consulate on 31st of october. The VO approved the visa and told me my passport will reach me within 3 working days.

So far I haven't received the passport. I tried contacting the VFS. But they say, they are yet to receive the passport from the consulate.

Has anyone faced the same situation ? Is this kind of delay usual ? I am worried a bit. Is there any way we can contact the Chennai consulate to check the status ?

Thanks,
    Vimal

Hi,
    You are allowed to contact only the VFS reg. despatch of the passport. Wait for at least one week, that is the max time they take.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Veena.

By tomorrow, I would have waited 7 working days.

Comment

delay in passport delivery

Yep,
        Chennai consulate is having problem in dispatching passports. Sometimes, it takes 5 to 7 working days. Call them and follow up. Dont worry.

Comment

Hi vimal
          Did u get u'r passport then.I am also in a same situation.I contacted vfs people they say they have not received my passport form the Delhi Consualte.I am worried and don't know what to do.

Comment

Guyz,

Wait for atleast a min of 7 working days where you dont count the weekends.
            If your passport gets posted on the 7th working day, it might take 5 more working days to reach you. So I would suggest you to look out for 10 working days.
            NOT A LEGAL ADVISER
            USE IT AT YOUR RISK

STRONGLY BELIVE US VISA IS A LOTTERY WON BY MANY .

Comment

Delay in getting passport for Chennai Consulate

My wife went for interview on 9th Nov to chennai consulate. Her visa was approved. But, still we havent got the passport. We have scheduled the appointment through TT services. Whenever we call TT services, it is either engaged or nobody pics up. is anyone having the same problem?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X