Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport status after H1B interview.

Hello,

I had my H1B interview yesterday at Mumbai consulate and VO told me that my visa is approved and should be ready for pick-up within 3-5 days. I was tracking the passport today morning and the status says that my passport is still with US consulate/embassy. What does that mean? What status should I see when the passport is ready for pick-up at OFC center?

Couple of my friends had received their passport on the next day of their interview, so I thought it should be ready today.

Edit: I haven't got any blue slip or section 221G slip and wasn't asked for any docs either during the interview. Does it really take 3-5 days to get the passport?
    The ceac state website shows this - "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.". Is this normal? Do everyone see this after their interview?
    Last edited by ACELA; 09-04-2014, 12:07 AM.

Originally posted by ACELA View Post
    Hello,

I had my H1B interview yesterday at Mumbai consulate and VO told me that my visa is approved and should be ready for pick-up within 3-5 days. I was tracking the passport today morning and the status says that my passport is still with US consulate/embassy. What does that mean? What status should I see when the passport is ready for pick-up at OFC center?

Couple of my friends had received their passport on the next day of their interview, so I thought it should be ready today.

Edit: I haven't got any blue slip or section 221G slip and wasn't asked for any docs either during the interview. Does it really take 3-5 days to get the passport?
    The ceac state website shows this - "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.". Is this normal? Do everyone see this after their interview?
    Hi,

Don't worry.. U will see "Issued" status by today or tomorrow. Initially it will show as "administrative processing" this doesn't mean that its pending.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks,
    Rajesh

Comment

Originally posted by rajesh_chv View Post
      Hi,

Don't worry.. U will see "Issued" status by today or tomorrow. Initially it will show as "administrative processing" this doesn't mean that its pending.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks,
      Rajesh
      Thanks Rajesh!

It shows issued now with this message "Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.". Does issued mean the passport is ready for collection? Does the status change to something else for collection?

I haven't received any email or SMS from them yet. I am thinking for give it another day and may be call them tomorrow before going to OFC for pick-up.

Edit: I still see this message "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate" on ustraveldocs site (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-passporttrack.asp).
      Last edited by ACELA; 09-04-2014, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACELA View Post
        Thanks Rajesh!

It shows issued now with this message "Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.". Does issued mean the passport is ready for collection? Does the status change to something else for collection?

I haven't received any email or SMS from them yet. I am thinking for give it another day and may be call them tomorrow before going to OFC for pick-up.

Edit: I still see this message "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate" on ustraveldocs site (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-passporttrack.asp).
        Hi,

Issued means Visa issued. This status will not change, where as in www.ustraveldocs.com site the status will be updated to "Ready for pickup" then u should be able to get it from OFC center.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Thanks,
        Rajesh

Comment

Originally posted by rajesh_chv View Post
          Hi,

Issued means Visa issued. This status will not change, where as in www.ustraveldocs.com site the status will be updated to "Ready for pickup" then u should be able to get it from OFC center.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Thanks,
          Rajesh
          Thank you Rajesh!

US Travel Docs website now shows "Your passport is ready for pickup." I can go and pick up tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Comment

Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate

Hello,

My wife's H4 visa was submitted for dropbox stamping at Mumbai consulate.

Passport status shows: Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate
            Visa status: Administrative processing (30 Mar 2016)

Any idea what does this mean and how much time it will take?

Does Administrative processing really take around 2 months?

Comment

Passport not received after Visa Interview

Hello,

I had my H1B interview Nov 2nd 2016 at Hyderabad consulate and VO told me that my visa is approved and should be ready for pick-up within 3-5 days. I was tracking the passport and the status says that my passport is still with US consulate/embassy.

I haven't got any blue slip or section 221G slip and wasn't asked for any docs either during the interview.
              The ceac state website shows this - "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.".

Any one had this issue recently.?

Comment

@raviteja29 I am in exactly the same situation. Interview Jan 18, 2017. VO said visa approved and should be ready to pickup within 3-5 days. But, CEAC tracker says uncertain administrative processing? How long did it take for you to receive your passport with visa?

Originally posted by raviteja29 View Post
                Hello,

I had my H1B interview Nov 2nd 2016 at Hyderabad consulate and VO told me that my visa is approved and should be ready for pick-up within 3-5 days. I was tracking the passport and the status says that my passport is still with US consulate/embassy.

I haven't got any blue slip or section 221G slip and wasn't asked for any docs either during the interview.
                The ceac state website shows this - "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.".

Any one had this issue recently.?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X