X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queries for H4 DS160

Hello All,

I have few queries regarding filling DS160 form for H4 dependent:

1. Is it required to show work experience as my wife's employer doesn't issues any exp letter or NOC as they thinks their employee will leave them . So what can i show.
    Will latest salary slip would work or appointment letter.

2. Also will they ever ask for work experience of H4 dependents. Per my understanding they only ask questions how H4 applicant is related to H1 primary applicant .

3. If we show housewife for H4 applicant in housewife, will that work.

Please reply.

Originally posted by Prashant.Setia View Post
    Hello All,

I have few queries regarding filling DS160 form for H4 dependent:

1. Is it required to show work experience as my wife's employer doesn't issues any exp letter or NOC as they thinks their employee will leave them . So what can i show.
    Will latest salary slip would work or appointment letter.

2. Also will they ever ask for work experience of H4 dependents. Per my understanding they only ask questions how H4 applicant is related to H1 primary applicant .

3. If we show housewife for H4 applicant in housewife, will that work.

Please reply.
    1. You can show work experience, you should not lie on the DS-160. As for NOC, it generally is required only for Govt Body employees..
    2. They do ask sometimes.
    3. As I said, do not lie on a DS-160, it can come to haunt you later on.

I dont see any reason why you should hide the fact that your spouse is working.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. You can show work experience, you should not lie on the DS-160. As for NOC, it generally is required only for Govt Body employees..

Hi,

thanks for your advice.

I'm worried only because my wife's employer do not issues any experience letter or NOC as they thinks their employee will leave them. So if in any case visa officer demands for these such as experience letter, then what would we show.

so that's why I asked , Can we show latest salary slip OR appointment letter.?

Otherwise I would have never wanted to hide any details.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post

Also if they ask are you working somewhere, so should we tell them yes working.

So wouldn't it make any impact on visa approval. Or simultaneously we can tell them we'll resign after visa gets approved.

Comment

H4 visa stamping DS -160 from(Urgent Help)

Hi,
          Urgent help

Was on h4 and got my h1 approval in oct 2013 and was immediately on leave since oct1 for 3 months due to some personal reasons, later resigned my job and converted to h4 on jan 17th(dint work for even a single day and was also not payed which means no pay checks).
          Does that really mean i was employed ?
          Right now I need to go for h4 stamping.
          So do I need to mention my earlier employee details in ds 160 form?

Oct 1st 2013 - Leave letter upto Jan 17th 2014

Jan 17th applied for Change of status and on H4.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X