Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go back to india when my H1B extension is pending

Hi,

My H1B is expiring on Sep-30-2014. My extension has been filed and its in pending state. I am travelling to india on Sep-20-2014 and planning to return after my extension is approved. I will be returning through the same employer, project and location.
    Can you please let me know if travelling to india would create any problems to my extension.

Can I go back to india when my H1B extension is pending

What is your I 94 expiry?

Yes, it will impact your extension petition and it may get approve as a consular process. You need to go for a stamping if it approve as a consular process.

I would recommend you to avoid any travel during the extension pending process. Premium is an another option for you to get the result soon if you cannot avoid the travel.

This is my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      What is your I 94 expiry?

Yes, it will impact your extension petition and it may get approve as a consular process. You need to go for a stamping if it approve as a consular process.

I would recommend you to avoid any travel during the extension pending process. Premium is an another option for you to get the result soon if you cannot avoid the travel.

This is my opinion
      Thank you for the reply.
      My I94 expiry is also on 30-Sep-2014. I don't have an option to stay, I have to go back on 20-Sep.
      If the extension petition gets approved as a consular process, would it be an issue to get the stamping done?

Comment

Can I go back to india when my H1B extension is pending

No one can guarantee the out come of the visa stamping. If you have all the valid documents and genuine answers, then I don't think any issues would arise but no one can predict.

This is my opinion

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X